This week’s Top Ten List from The Broke and the Bookish is the top ten books on my fall TBR (To Be Read) List. Here’s one thing I’ve decided about this fall: with a stressful workload and two graduate classes (qualitative analysis and educational measurement), I’m giving myself permission to read “fluffier” than usual. Honestly, Mansfield Park was more of a slog than I expected from Jane Austen. So I plan to take it easy.
There are a few group reads I wish I had time for. The Relentless Reader is organizing a read of Les Miserables, and Entomology of a Bookworm is organizing a read of Jane Eyre. There’s also a R.I.P. Challenge at Stainless Steel Droppings I’d love to join. But no read-alongs for me right now! (Sigh.)
So, even though I won’t get to all these, here’s my wish list. The book I’m most looking forward to is MaddAddam, the third in a trilogy by Margaret Atwood.
New this fall:
- MaddAddam — Margaret Atwood
- The Lowland – Jumpa Lahiri
- Fangirl — Rainbow Rowell
- The Goldfinch — Donna Tartt
- The Song of the Quarkbeast — Jasper Fforde
- Forgive Me Leonard Peacock – Matthew Quick
- The Panopticon – Jenni Fagan (I won a copy from Giraffe Days!)
And a few that are already on my Kindle:
- The Beekeeper’s Apprentice – Laurie King
- The World’s Strongest Librarian – Josh Hanagarne
- Every Day – David Levithan
- The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl — Timothy Egan
And a few more books recommended by other bloggers:
- How to be a Woman — Caitlin Moran
- The Edge of the Earth — Christina Schwarz
- The Humans — Matt Haig
- This is Paradise — Kristina Kahakauwila
So, that’s my list (15 instead of ten). What’s on your TBR list this fall?