I was excited when Lit Addicted Brit passed this award along to me. I realize it’s making the rounds to lots of people, but hey, there are a lot of us bloggers out there. I’ve been working on my blog for almost three months now and still feeling pretty unknown. So seeing my blog named on someone else’s site made me very happy. Thanks!
Thanks also to those of you who are email subscribers. With a WordPress blog we don’t get the cool-looking (and very easy to use) Google follower graphic. So email sign-ups are much appreciated.
Here are the rules of the award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason!
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award.
First, 7 things about me:
1) My husband and I have two black cats, both rescue cats. Harley is named for the bikers (their bikes I mean) who used to live below us, and Sammy is named for Samwise Gamgee, because he was meant to be a loyal companion to Harley (who didn’t really want a companion but got one anyway).
2) We’ve decided not to have kids. The cats are enough.
3) Favorite place visited: Scotland. Second favorite: Greece. I’m grateful for the places I’ve seen but dying to travel more.
4) I collect antique children’s books, mostly from the Oz series. They were published between 1900 and 1920. The illustrations are so beautiful and it makes me happy to look at them.
5) I have an English degree and a law degree. Unfortunately I realized halfway through law school I never want to be a lawyer.
6) I once met Steven Tyler from Aerosmith (maybe my all-time favorite band) in the used bookstore where I worked in college. He was shopping for new-age books. I met Larry McMurtry at that same bookstore. He was a little less exciting.
7) I worked fast food in high school (Wendy’s) and kind of wish everyone had to at some point. It was not the worst job I’ve had.
And 15 blogs I’m passing this on to:
6) Giraffe Days
10) On a Pale Star
12) Her Book Self