Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s question is the top ten books on my summer “To Be Read” list. There are a ton of books I want to read, but I narrowed them down a bit. Between summer school, the new Outlander novel, family visits, etc., I don’t really expect to read all these by the end of the summer.
- The Silkworm – Robert Galbraith (June 19) (which I will be ordering hard copy from Powell’s Books)
- Landline – Rainbow Rowell (July 8)
- The Ghost in the Electric Blue Suit – Graham Joyce (August 5) (I have an ARC for this one)
- Lock In – John Scalzi (August 26)
Highly Recommended: I keep hearing about AJ Fikry, especially from Estella’s Revenge. These other two have also gotten rave reviews:
- The Storied Life of AJ Fikry – Gabrielle Zevin
- The Humans – Matt Haig
- Astray – Emma Donoghue (not her latest book, Frog Music, but a book of short stories)
Classics and Challenges: I feel like I’ve gone way too long without reading something classic. These two are on my Classics Club list and my TBR Challenge list. I’m saving Portrait of a Lady for the fall.
- Far From the Madding Crowd – Thomas Hardy
- The Awakening – Kate Chopin
Finally, I decided summer demands at least one super-fluffy Fun Summer Read. So I added:
- Heaven’s Queen – Rachel Bach
So, that’s my Summer TBR list. What’s on yours?