Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
I did well on my fall TBR list, reading: Joyland, The Haunting of Hill House, Impartial Witness, Wool, and Among Others, and I’m reading Far from the Madding Crowd right now.
It’s hard to get my TBR list down to ten, and I know I won’t read all of them. But I’ll be out of school from early December to late January, so there’s time! I like these TBR lists because they keep me a little more organized, and I like to try to keep my reading balanced across different genres. Without a TBR list I might always reach for the easy stuff, and most of the time that’s not nearly as satisfying.
1. Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
2. Stone Mattress by Margaret Atwood
3. Astray by Emma Donoghue
4. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
5. The Humans by Matthew Haig
6. Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld
7. The Martian by Andy Weir
8. The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith
9. How to Build a Girl by Caitlin Moran
10. Portrait of a Lady by Henry James
- First Impressions by Charlie Lovett
- How to be Both by Ali Smith
- Thief’s Magic by Trudi Canavan
Later this week I’ll be posting my nonfiction top ten TBR list for Nonfiction November, so I’ve taken nonfiction reads off this list.
I also wanted to note that Don’t Blame the Butler is hosting a Black Friday readathon, for those of you who, like me, will NOT be shopping that day (I will, however, be working).
Is there anything on my list you recommend? Happy winter reading and Happy Thanksgiving!