This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, is our Fall To-Be-Read (TBR) List. I thought about not doing a Fall TBR List because I’ve had list burn-out lately, but there are two events this fall I want to participate in, so I built my list around those events.
Readers Imbibing Peril X (RIP X) is hosted this year by Andi and Heather at the Estella Society. It runs through October and basically involves reading any of the following: Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Dark Fantasy, Gothic, Horror, and Supernatural. The fantastic graphic is by Abigail Larson.
Peril the First involves reading four of these books:
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
- The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
- Slade House by David Mitchell
- The Cinder Spires by Jim Butcher
- Blacklands by Belinda Bauer
- A Broken Vessel by Kate Ross
- Magic Shifts by Ilona Andrews
- The Iron Jackal by Chris Wooding
Sci-Fi Month will be hosted by Rinn Reads in November. Here’s how she describes the event:
Sci-Fi Month is a month-long blog event, that I hosted for the first time in 2013, created to celebrate everything amazing about science fiction. From TV shows to movies, books to comics, and everything else in between, it was intended to help us share our love and passion for this genre and its many, many fandoms.
Participants can post all kinds of things related to science fiction. Anything goes as long as you’re celebrating the genre! All the details are here.
Here’s what’s on my TBR List for this event:
- Radiance by Cathrynne Valente
- Weighing Shadows by Lisa Goldstein
- Dust by Hugh Howey (The Silo Series)
- Armada by Ernest Cline
So, that’s my fall reading list! What’s on yours?