This month, to celebrate the holidays and my fifth year of blogging, I’m going to give away some of the books on my shelves! With the exception of one I didn’t finish, these are all books I read and enjoyed this year, and all are good slightly used copies. Here are your choices.
Three books I read and reviewed this year:
- Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
- The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien
- Caleb’s Crossing by Geraldine Brooks
Two books I read but didn’t have a chance to review:
- The Days of Anna Madrigal by Armistead Maupin – this is the last in the Tales of the City series, so of course it’s a must-read if you love the series.
- The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer – this was strongly recommended as one of Heyer’s best. If you like regency fiction, this is a fun read. I’m not sure Heyer is for me, so I’m passing it along.
And lastly, a book I didn’t finish but I know someone else will appreciate:
- How to be both by Ali Smith – this book won the Women’s Prize for Fiction last year and people love it. It’s a book that tells two intertwined stories but the two halves can be read in either order. I just couldn’t get into it. It’s a really nice hardback copy that I won in a giveaway last year.
How the giveaway works: I’ll give away one book each Saturday starting December 19. To enter, leave a comment that includes:
- Which book(s) you’d like to win; AND
- One of your favorite reads published in 2015 and why.
The rules: You can enter until January 9. I’ll give away up to four books and no one can win more than one. To win you need to follow my blog via email, WordPress, Twitter, or Bloglovin. You get an extra entry for retweeting or linking to this post on your blog (I’ll keep track since WP doesn’t give me a widget for that). I’m willing to ship outside the United States.
So there it is! I hope you’ll enter for one of these books.
Winner #1: Kristia (The Things They Carried or Caleb’s Crossing)
Winner #2: Lory (Olive Kitteridge)
Winner #3: TJ (How to be Both)
Winner #4: Mary (The Grand Sophy)