Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Today’s topic is top ten new releases coming up this year. Here are some of the releases I’m looking forward to. I didn’t include League of Dragons by Naomi Novik, which releases today.
- Traumphysick by Monica Byrne (June 29) — The Girl in the Road was one of the most interesting, inventive books I read in 2014, and I’m really excited to read more by this author.
- This Must be the Place by Maggie O’Farrell (July 19) — I’ll read everything O’Farrell writes.
- The Sunlight Pilgrims by Jenni Fagan (July 19) — I loved Fagan’s first book, Panopticon.
- Harmony by Carolyn Parkhurst (August 2) — I’ve read two books by this author and really liked them both, although Dogs of Babel was really disturbing.
- The Glorious Heresies by Lisa McInerney (August 9) — nominated for the Bailey’s Prize, I’ve heard nothing but good things about this book! It’s been out in hardback but I’m waiting for the Kindle version.
- Ghost Talkers by Mary Robinette Kowal (August 16) — I haven’t read much by Kowal but this book about mediums in World War I sounds really good.
- Lady Cop Makes Trouble by Amy Stewart (September 6) — I loved Girl Waits with Gun, and this is the sequel.
- The Wonder by Emma Donoghue (September 20) — Like O’Farrell, I’ll read anything Donoghue writes. She’s that good.
- Today Will Be Different by Maria Semple (October 4) — Where’d You Go Bernadette is one of my favorite books, and I hope this one will be just as good.
- The Terranauts by TC Boyle (October 25) — I’ve read a lot of Boyle’s novels, and still have a lot to read! He’s a prolific writer. His books always tackle interesting subjects and provide a lot of historical background. Two favorites are The Road to Wellville and Riven Rock.
Those are the releases I’m most excited about for the rest of the year! What did I miss?