This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is what’s on your Fall To Be Read List?
On my list goes one classic, a few next-in-series, and a bunch of fall releases I’m excited about. I’m also including some of the children’s classics I’ll be reading in the next few months as part of the Classics Club’s Women in Literature Event.
I’ve already started a few of these. I’m loving Amy Stewart’s Lady Cop Makes Trouble, the sequel to Girl Waits with Gun. And I have an advance review copy of The Terranauts by T.C. Boyle (it comes out October 25). And I started reading Anne of Avonlea, which is the second book in the Anne of Green Gables series (which I have to say I really wish I had come to when I was young).
- Lady Cop Makes Trouble by Amy Stewart
- The Terranauts by T.C. Boyle
- Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery
- The Railway Children by E. Nesbit
- The Obelisk Gate by N.K. Jemisin
- Testament of Youth by Vera Brittain
- No Good Dragon Goes Unpunished by Rachel Aaron
- Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
- The Wonder by Emma Donoghue
- Today Will Be Different by Maria Semple (Oct 4)
These days, I’m keeping my blogging expectations pretty low, which is maybe why focusing on children’s literature is so appealing right now. The most challenging book on this list is Brittain’s Testament of Youth, and we’ll see how I do with that one. October looks to be really frantic at work, as I’m managing a big project and transitioning out of work I’ve been doing for years. But November and December look to be quieter, just the way I like it.
More to come. What’s on your TBR List?