Today’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, is about the ten best books we’ve read so far this year. It’s always good to do this halfway into the year, since I’ll end up using this list to develop my “best of” lists at the end of the year.
These aren’t books that were published in 2018, just ones I’ve read. I had trouble comparing very different genres, so I’ve broken out my favorites by category:
I wanted to include a few books of short stories, but I was over ten, and that’s next week’s topic so I’ll include them then.
- Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie
- Happiness by Aminatta Forna
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
- We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler
- Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
Fantasy and Science Fiction:
- Amberlough by Lara Elena Donnelly
- After Atlas by Emma Newman
- The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden
That’s 11, actually. But I just finished Eleanor Oliphant and wanted to throw it in.