This week’s Top Ten topic, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, is our Fall TBR List. I like to post a reading list every quarter, as a way of looking at what challenges I still have open, what I have on my library list, and books I’ve already purchased that I haven’t read.
For the Read Harder 2018 challenge:
- A book of social science: Awkward by Ty Tashiro
- An essay anthology: Nasty Women ed. by Samhita Mukhopadhyay
- An assigned book you hated or never finished: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
For the TBR Pile Challenge:
- An Untamed State by Roxane Gay
- The End of the Affair by Graham Greene
- The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai
From my library holds list:
- The Mars Room by Rachel Kushner
- The Alice Network by Kate Quinn
- Transcription by Kate Atkinson
- The Best Bad Things by Katrina Carrasco
And for Halloween, my R.I.P. XIII reads:
- Strange Practice by Vivien Shaw
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Circe by Madeline Miller
If I can get through all these by the end of the year, I’ll be feeling pretty good. Of course I never stick to these lists completely – they are more of a roadmap.
What’s on your fall reading list?