This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, is ten books on our Spring TBR list.
I have three ARCs, and I’m particularly excited to read Sally Rooney:
- Trust Exercise by Susan Choi
- Normal People by Sally Rooney
- The Farm by Joanne Ramos
I need to make a bigger dent in my TBR Pile Challenge:
- What We Lose by Zinzi Clemmons
- The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. LeGuin
And here’s my shortlist of books for the Reading Women/Read Harder/Nonfiction Challenges:
- The Library Book by Susan Orlean
- The Friend by Sigrid Nunez
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo
- All You Can Ever Know by Nicole Chung
- The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang
The Women’s Prize longlist was announced March 4, and I’ve only read two of the books (American Marriage and Circe, both highly recommended). I’m bummed that A Place for Us and The Great Believers didn’t make the list, though I can’t be sure they were eligible (books must be published in the UK between April 1 and March 31). I’ve added these books from the longlist to my TBR:
- My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Freshwater by Akwaeke Emezi
- Ordinary People by Diana Evans
- Number One Chinese Restaurant by Lillian Li
- Lost Children Archive by Valeria Luiselli
- Ghost Wall by Sarah Moss
And I was reading about the Stella Prize, which is for books written by Australian women, and I know nothing about any of the authors. Thoughts?
- Bluebottle by Belinda Castles
- Man Out of Time by Stephanie Bishop
- The Bridge by Enza Gadolfo
- Too Much Lip by Melissa Lucashenko
- The Arsonist by Chloe Hooper
I don’t really think I’ll get through all this in the spring. But I do love a good award longlist, and my favorite thing about spring is that I can spend my lunch hour reading in the sun.
Have you read any of these? What will you be reading this spring?