This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, is about books I love that were written over 10 years ago. I decided to narrow my list to the ten year span between 2002 and 2012. For more favorite books, you can see this list of favorite books written before I was born, and this list of top books published in the last ten years (2009 to 2018).
Here are the ten books I’ve chosen.
- Tell the Wolves I’m Home by Carol Rika Brunt (2012)
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller (2011)
- The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman (2011)
- Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand by Helen Simonson (2010)
- Room by Emma Donoghue (2010)
- The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver (2009)
- One Day by David Nicholls (2009)
- The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O’Farrell (2006)
- The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri (2003)
- Crow Lake by Mary Lawson (2002)
A few others that nearly made the list: A Visit From the Goon Squad, A Monster Calls, Eleanor and Park, and Rules of Civility. I also considered a few nonfiction titles: Devil in the Grove, Wild, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, and How to Be a Woman, but I decided mixing fiction and nonfiction didn’t feel right for this list.
Which of these are some of your favorites, or are there books on this list you still want to read?