This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, is about authors we discovered in 2022. By my count, I read 54 new authors in 2022. Here are some of my favorites.
- Amor Towles, Rules of Civility
- Bonnie Garmus, Lessons in Chemistry
- Dolen Perkins-Valdez, Take My Hand
- Elizabeth Kolbert, Under a White Sky
- Travis Baldree, Legends & Lattes
- Malinda Lo, Last Night at the Telegraph Club
- Dani Shapiro, Inheritance
- Melissa Fu, Peach Blossom Spring
- Mimi Matthews, The Siren of Sussex
- Stacie Murphy, A Deadly Fortune
There were a few others I thought about including on this list: Gabrielle Union, Susan Cain, Clare Chambers, Katherine Center, Jesse Q. Sutanto, and Ryka Aoki were a few others who stood out.
Have you read any of these authors? Who were some of your favorite new authors in 2022?