“It’s Monday! What are you reading?” is a weekly event hosted by Sheila at Bookjourney to share with others what you’ve read the past week and planning to read next.
It’s Monday and I hope it was as nice a weekend for you as it was here! We had gorgeous weather, game night with friends, and lots of reading and relaxation.
What am I reading? At the moment, a book from NetGalley, Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein, which is written from the perspective of a British spy captured by the Nazis. Not sure what I think just yet but of course I’ll let you know.
Three books completed recently: The Mine by John Heldt, Living Proof by Kira Peiroff, and The Drowned Cities by Paulo Bacigalupi. My appreciation for Bacigalupi is growing with each of his books I read – but more on that to come.
There are a lot of things happening around the book blog world, so while I don’t have time to participate in most of them, I thought I’d highlight a few:
- The Literary Blog Hop, which is hosted about twice a year by Leeswammes’ Blog, is happening the weekend of June 23. I’ll be participating again so please check in for that. While I have yet to win a book, it’s a lot of fun and YOU might win something.
- This week is the Book Expo America in New York, which sounds pretty amazing, but for those of us who aren’t there, some blogs are hosting Armchair BEA. Check this out for daily post ideas, interviews, tips on blogging, and other good stuff. I’ll be posting later with the answers to a few interview questions like what character or author I’d most like to have dinner with, and which literary location I’d most like to visit.
- Jillian at A Room of One’s Own has created The Classics Club, where you put up a list of the 50 classics you’d like to read over 5 years. No pressure, just a good incentive to read more great literature! Since I love list-making, I’m working on my list of 50 and will post soon.
- Subtle Melodrama is hosting the Scottish Fiction Reading Challenge, in which you post about any Scottish authors you’re reading. I love all things Scottish so I wanted to share, although don’t have a lot of Scottish authors on my TBR list at the moment.
- Tangled Up in Blue is hosting a readalong for one of my favorite books, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.
- Lastly, A Literary Odyssey is hosting a summer Victorian Celebration, which as you might guess is about reading the Victorians.
So in case you’re looking for something to do in the next week or over the summer months, here are a few good things to check out. If you’ve got another event going on, feel free to share.
Happy Monday! What are you reading?