Hello readers! I just got back from Spain a few days ago, and I can’t wait to tell you more about our trip. But as always when I travel, I’m full of ideas and no energy/time to actually write about them. So it’s a good thing it’s Tuesday! Today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is my fall To Be Read list.
I didn’t read nearly as much on vacation as I planned to, so I have a lot of books in waiting. I’m also in the middle of Don Quixote and The Three Musketeers, both of which will be long-term projects. In addition, I’m looking for book recommendations on books set in Cuba, Syria, and Australia, and written by authors from those countries, for the Read Around the World Challenge. Thoughts?
Books I’m in the middle of:
- My Beloved World by Sonia Sotomayor
- The Atrocity Archives by Charles Stross
Books for challenges:
- Death Comes to the Archbishop by Willa Cather
Advance Reading Copies (ARCs):
- The Good People by Hannah Kent
- Manhattan Beach by Jennifer Egan
- Strangers in Budapest by Jessica Keener
On my Kindle:
- Anything is Possible by Elizabeth Strout
- The Strange Case of the Alchemist’s Daughter by Theodora Goss
- Giant of the Senate by Al Franken
- Little Deaths by Emma Flint
That’s my fall TBR list. I’m most looking forward to the new books by Kent and Egan, and Sonia Sotomayor’s book is great so far. Have you read any of these? What’s on your list?